Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 31, 2010

In search of the perfect peg bag (the world's most trivial quest)

Ignore what I said in my last post about not being a domestically obsessed perfectionist – I've now made not one but three peg bags. I realised as soon as I finished the first that it could do with some modifications – the opening was too big and also a bit low – and also that it would have been more sensible to make my prototype out of scrap fabric, not the real thing, in case of such stuff-ups. Oh well.

During the week I made a version with a buttonhole-stitched opening, which is okay but still not quite there. Yesterday I made a modified version of the first one, and I think it's a case of third time lucky. I even wrote down the pattern rather than just relying on memory if ever I want to make another. Unlikely – I think three peg bags per lifetime are more than enough. It's not as though I own three houses, after all (or even one) so two of these bags will be given away.

So that's three of the six finished rose bouquets from the chopped-up tablecloth accounted for. I have plans for the others – check this space.

1 comment:

  1. They make my stripey $2 shop number an embarrassment to peg with.

    ReplyDelete