Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

From the craft archives


I was at my mum's place over Easter and she still has this displayed in the spare bedroom. I made it when I was about 15. 

Retro-groovy, or worthy of Regretsy? I can't decide!


In my defence, it was the 1970s...

Whether it's hideous or not, this project taught me a lot of embroidery stitches and techniques I'd never encountered before. I guess I could look on it as the hippie equivalent of a sampler!


I also took a photo of the granny-square rug that I made when I was twelve, and which started my love affair with craft.






 
I like to think my tastes are a little more restrained these days!





3 comments:

  1. So you have finished a few things :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes – a long time ago in a lounge room far away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your 70's sampler! Such a nice reminder of days gone by.

    ReplyDelete