Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Shameless self-promotion

I've always envied people who are good at selling themselves (except for the really pushy ones – I just want to slap them, of course). I'm a self-effacer, not a self-promoter; it's all I can do to send my CV to people to ask for freelance work. 


I've often wanted an outlet for my craft, though, in the hope of selling the odd bit of it. The idea of hanging out at Saturday markets and spruiking my wares in person fills me with dread, however. So today my clever and obliging friend Kitty came to the rescue by photographing some of my stuff –


Craft and the city – the view from Kitty's rooftop.

Japanese hexagons quilt top. (Someone pass me my sunglasses.)

William Morris lattice-patterned quilt top – out of the Chest of Shame
and on its way to a new life, I hope.

Arty shot, dahlings.

One of my knitted hot water bottle covers.
The Four Hotties. Like the Three Tenors, but woollier.


– and then setting up a MadeIt site for me.


So as of now, I will be selling stuff here


Thanks for tolerating this act of self-promotion. I hope it hasn't made you want to slap me.

1 comment:

  1. Another thing we have in common! I've been thinking of opening an online shop to sell off bits and pieces I'm no longer interested in. Unlike you, though, too lazy. Have finally been invited to join pininterest and can't be bothered starting it off. So here I sit on the couch, drinking wine and reading other people's blogs instead...

    ReplyDelete